Friday, August 13, 2010

OMG, It's Finally Here...Hello Baby!

  • I have been yearning for Friday all week. Not this has been a bad week (well, not yet but I may find out more medical news regarding a family member today) but it could all go to hell in a hand basket at any moment! My triathlon training is going OK I guess. I only rode 3 times this week and ran once. So much for the training. Maybe I will just do it and make a complete fool of myself!! Next week we start swimming and I am not quite sure how I will fare attempting a half mile. I guess we shall see or not, depending on what the outcome is.
  • Michael is officially the epitome of the over scheduled child. He has added learning to play the saxophone to his list of stuff. The thing is, the more he has to do the better he is at getting it done and getting it done well. Too much time on his hands leads to procrastination and a half ass job done so so. I wonder where he gets that from? Yes, this rhetorical. I am well aware I perform at my best going nine to nothing. In retrospect, I have ADHD and Michael was diagnosed with ADD (non-medicated) last year...hmmm...maybe this is what helps peeps like us.
  • Michael has also started his 9 week sex ed class at church. Scary, eh? It is taught by his pediatrician who also attends our church and it is Christian based with Bible verses to correlate the teachings, etc., etc.... Oh, and it's not just 9 weeks of sex! They talk about all aspects of adolescence: Conformity, self esteem, peer pressure, puberty. I am pleased with the well roundness of the program.
  • I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend, I know I am.

1. Music is truly something I could not live without. It is incorporated into my everyday!

2. The sunrise and a singing bird or two is what I like first thing in the morning.

3. The first thing I said this morning was: I cannot believe it is already 5:20.

4. Funnel cakes and foot long hot dogs; it's what's for dinner tonight.

5. It's all been a definite learning experience.

6. Calling in sick and going to a park is what I feel like doing right now.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to woo hoo it's the Putnam County fair baby, tomorrow my plans include recovering from my fair hangover and trying to stay cool, and Sunday, I want to be chillaxin by the pool.

No comments: