Thursday, June 9, 2011

AAHHHHH, Summer Vacation

I promise I copied and pasted on Friday morning with the best of intentions. The problem....I was running behind as usual and had to get six boys together to take to Nashville Shores for Michael's belated birthday celebration. Apparently, I had lost all touch with reality when I came up with that brilliant idea. Anywho, at 830 a.m. we begin our trek to the great waterpark in the sky.
It actually turned out better than expected. The trip down was filled with fights over the single iPod, who's turn it was, when the cut off for that person should be, etc. etc. It was very interesting to hear each of the boys weave their own little web as the vied for the lone iPod. Little minds are always thinking. Once we arrived there was intermittent dissension in the ranks but it all worked out. One exhausted 4 year old and multiple burned pre-teens later....we made it home.
The evening concluded with a campfire/wiener roast (not the political one going on now) hahahaha, one of Michael's friends playing happy birthday on his Fender and some fabulous Baskin Robbins ice cream cake. For the first time during a sleepover, I was in bed before midnight and actually slept until 8...which is unheard of for me. I made Star Wars pancakes, scrambled eggs, bacon and link sausage for breakfast and they inhaled every bit of it. Whelp, survived another birthday party. :) Here we go............

1. I remember when I first heard
my child crying.

2.
I love to feel rain showering down on me. (sans lightening, of course)

3. Most humans
are good people they have just been thrust into bad situations that they have to fight their way out of.

4.
I will do my best...sound familiar? :)

5. I was inspired by
this persons non-judgemental ways and accepting of most things personality.

6.
This time next year? Who knows where!

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to
a sleepover for my favorite oldest son and his friends, tomorrow my plans include seeing my mom and hanging out...out of town and Sunday, I want to take the boys swimming and hopefully have a relaxing and drama free evening!

No comments: