Friday, October 15, 2010

Late Evening Friday Fill Ins

A brief catch up: The first week after a vacation is extremely exhausted. I feel as if I worked my butt off at work and yet it was quite manageable. Anywho, must be the 'everything else going on' which is mostly in regards to my mother. She is going to have a simple mastectomy on both breasts on the 27th of this month. They are just going to take out the breast tissue so (without going into a lot of anatomical detail) from the outward appearance, she will be the same except for a scar. We are all very thankful this is a non-invasive cancer and nothing else in her body has been affected. Her lymph nodes are clean and no follow up radiation or chemo. After 2 months, she can have her implants put back in so...there you have it. Our family's first brush with cancer and this is going back >3 generations. We are very fortunate and blessed to have good genes and a hell of an immune system. Thank goodness it is Friday, enjoy your weekend and here we go......

1. Wow, it's already the weekend again. This week went fast and I am not complaining.

2. What two people can achieve if they work together can be beautiful.

3. My favorite way to start a day is a good cup of coffee, a satisfying work out and 'other things'.

4. I heard a whack, a thud, and he walked in the door holding a pumpkin. (or what appeared to be)

5. I look out my window and see nothing because it is dark outside and with the light on in the house.....you get the point.

6. You know what subject I've been thinking about lately.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to a hopefully quiet night peppered with some good phone conversation, tomorrow my plans include soccer, soccer and spending some time with my mom and Sunday, I want to attempt to get back into the Sunday School routine and hopefully get a few of the little things that need to be accomplished around the house.

No comments: