Friday, May 27, 2011

Started Off Right

Yet another close to my one-zillionth crazy week in a row. I survived once again but only with a little help from my friends who really know how to help me relax. :)
Let's see what went on this week.....my nanny started work on Wednesday and will be with us for the summer. I have actually known her since she was Marshall's age and it is so weird that she is so grown up. I do believe that makes me old!! Two main qualities I love about her, 1. She actually plays and interacts with the kids, 2. She takes initiative to do stuff around the house. WOW, initiative...I haven't been around people who actually practice that religion in so long that I almost forgot what it was all about. Michael has enjoyed his first week off from school and has caught on his R and R. I am sure he and Marshall both are looking forward to living at the pool this summer.
I am looking forward to a much deserved three day weekend and getting a little R and R myself. The summer will be over before you know it, therefore I want to slow down at work and take full advantage.
1. This week I allowed myself to slow down a little and have a good time in the interim.

2. Good deeds offer many returns but don't perform them expecting said returns. Do them because you want to and because its the right thing to do.

3. It's all about trying to enjoy life regardless of your situation. It takes more energy to sulk than to just go with the flow.

4. I plan on spending this entire holiday weekend in the sun. (protected, of course)

5. I demand my children to respect adults and others. It is a dying art.

6. On a forest path path, it's filled with lot's of really fun things. :)

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to going on a date with my youngest to see Kung Fu Panda II while my oldest is at a sleepover , tomorrow my plans include hanging out at Nashville Shores all day, Sunday, I want to sleep in for a bit and spend the remainder of the day at.....you guessed it.....Nashville Shores and Monday, I want to sleep in (at least until 730) and then spend Memorial Day with my dad and brothers in Franklin.

No comments: