Friday, May 13, 2011

Close Of The Day

Here I sit at my computer and it is 630 in the morning on a dreary Sunday. That sounds like I am a little down but I am just a lot tired. I have been in Chattanooga again for the weekend but this time it was mixed with business. My company holds a mandatory corporate compliance meeting every two years to catch everybody up on the new Medicare rules and regulations. My choices were Gatlinburg in April or Chattanooga in May. Well, since I am one of the select few who finds Gatlinburg more kitschy than entertaining, I chose Chattanooga. They put us up in the historic Read House and other than the faint waft of old in the air, it is pretty swanky.
Friday night we ate at one of the best pizza places I have ever been to, Lupis....yummy. Saturday, I was supposed to be in class until 3 but the last few hours of class was information I had just been taught 3 months ago...so I was allowed to leave early!! Look at me! I had to spend part of that time finding a mall since I was ill-prepared and didnt bring one long sleeve shirt and it was chilly outside. We followed that with Michael and I doing two challenge courses at the zip line/obstacle course in the sky thing they have at Ruby Falls. It was loads of fun and I have pictures but I am going to wait until I get home to upload all that.
Lastly, today is a couple of hours of Osteoporosis and the like. I think we will head to the river one last time after that and walk across the huge pedestrian bridge and then head home. As usual, weekends go waaay too fast!

1. I know and feel like I am truly waiting patiently for the light at the end of my tunnel.

2. I am going to try to stay on top of things or at the very least, a teensy bit behind them if at all possible.

3. This weather has been great for walking around downtown Chattanooga. We have kept the truck in the garage all weekend except for the 8 mile trek to the mall.

4. I don't like people who always walk around as if the have a problem. Show me one person that doesn't have any problems and I will show you someone who is either lying, medicated or dead!

5. I'm really happy I have the ability to look at the bright side and keep smiling at people even when I am not feeling it. I am not saying I do that all the time, then I would be in the category mentioned in #4 :)

6. Meant to be, happens for a reason, or something to that effect.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to getting settled in Chattanooga and eating at Lupi's, tomorrow my plans include going to class and ziplining and Sunday, I want to have a safe trip home, pick up Princess Leia, and catch up on some things around the house!

No comments: