Tuesday, July 6, 2010

End Of An Era

I guess the end of my thirtieth era, so to speak. Today, a little before 10 a.m., I will officially be 39 years old. I am not depressed about peering over the edge of 40, really I am not! I have too many blessings in my life to feel that way. Yes, I know people writing about their 'blessings' has almost become cliche but there is no other way to word it. Therefore I shall join the ranks of cliche! The number one all consuming blessing in my life which no amount of money in the world can buy is the health of family. We are so very fortunate. No one in the family takes prescriptions of any kind, aspirin/ibuprofen expires in our house before it can be completely consumed, I have had less than a dozen headaches in my entire life (mom says I give them that is why I don't get them, RUDE!), I had the ability to lift weights three times , run four miles in 40 minutes, and take a 13 mile bike ride in 60 minutes all in the same week.
Yes, I suppose I am bragging a bit but this is my blog and I can write whatever I want!! ;) My only wish is for a pill to cure Crazy 3-almost 4 year old syndrome. Has anyone ever heard of or experienced this?
Anywho, no significant complaints for my 39th birthday...only praises, a few thoughts in my head, and some tough considerations/future options way down deep in my head!
As for my birthday present from my husband....a gourmet meal (Mike is a hell of a cook). My mom has so lovingly kept the kids from Sunday until tomorrow which has been so relaxing and we will actually be able to enjoy our meal without 15 kid requests and cleaning up spilled whatever.
Have a great day!

No comments: