Friday, September 3, 2010

Small Catch Up and Happy Labor Day

I have been a little distracted over the past three weeks or so due to my Mom's recent diagnosis with breast cancer. It started as a small symmetrical circle which the doctor assured her is was nothing (there is usually nothing symmetrical about cancer) and let her decide if she wanted it removed or not. At first she decided to let it be...that is until she spoke to me. The conversation was just short of me twisting her arm behind her back and making her have it removed. She finally relented to my plea and had it removed.
The doctor came into her room after surgery, mouth agape, and told her it was cancer. We were all shocked (including the doc). That was 3 weeks ago. This past Thursday, they went back in to biopsy some lymph nodes at take out some additional tissue in her breast. He felt that will be the end of it all and her lymphatic system is most likely clean....THANK GOODNESS! So here we are waiting for the final say of cancer free. I really wish they could figure that out within hours of removal! She will still receive 5 weeks of radiation as a precaution then this will hopefully all be behind us. Please keep mom in your thoughts and/or prayers. She is handling this 100 times better than I would if the role was reversed.

1. Family time is important but one should not discount having quiet me time either.

2. I have thoughts that keep going back and forth without resolution.

3. I love a cool fall night in front of the fire outside and wrapped in a blanket.

4. Anything Italian makes a good meal.

5. I've got the best career I could ever hope for.

6. I guess timing it truly everything: wth!!!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to going to dinner with my youngest while my oldest heads to the high school football game, tomorrow my plans include cross country for Michael and hanging out with mom, and Sunday, I want to get the boat on Dale Hollow Lake and tube with the kids for a while.

No comments: