Saturday, March 26, 2011

I Won't Even Bother Explaining

I seriously am not going to bother explaining in too much depth but here goes. I have decided the incorporated name of this portion of my blog is Friday Fill-Ins but my d.b.a. name will be Whenever The Hell I Can Get Around To Doing It.
Last weekend was a great way to recharge with the family and it was so nice to see my boys having a fabulous time. I did a couple of things over the weekend that were not my usual 'chose habituelle', if you will.
First of all, I usual don't ride all the water slides for a couple of reasons. One: I always wear a two piece which is usually string bikini and as we all know....they don't fare well on water slides :). Two: I normally want to just lounge in the sun, read a good book and take the occasional picture of my kids. Well, this time I rode 'em and I am so pissed that I haven't been a participant in the water slide activity until now. What a loser!
Second...we all went on a helicopter ride. This is definitely off my usual radar, so to speak. I have been in an airplane two dozen times but prefer to keep my feet firmly planted on the ground. Well, to hell with all of that and we all loaded up and took a tour of the mountains! The kids had an absolute blast and so did this mom! The pics are on Facebook so if you are a follower of my blog and want to see them, just friend me on Facebook with a reference of who you are. Otherwise, I wont accept.
Lastly, I did my usual shopping extravaganza!. It just so happened I had a 30% off entire purchase coupon for Gap and Banana Republic which could be used over and over again. Well, I ran it through it's paces and used it over and over and over and over again! I am now the proud owner of a kick ass summer wardrobe.
Happy Happy weekend to you all......

1. Why does it seem to not turn out quite right when I am really really really hoping/needing/wanting it to?

2. I hate when people think one type of wrong is equal to another. Wrongs are wrongs so quit comparing.

3. My favorite breakfast includes anything non-sugary. I like the old fashioned eggs, hashbrowns, biscuits, fried butterfly chops, sawmill gravy and bacon. Getting a little hungry right now!

4. The Bone Garden by Tess Gerritsen was the last book I read. I actually have two books signed by her. (I used to be a real fan of standing in line to get books signed.

5. I am SO glad I have crossed into new territory in regards to many aspects of my life. I can cross a few things off my bucket list and feel liberated at the same time!

6. If I could only type in this blog what would make me feel better right now.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to sending Michael off to his school dance and chilling with my Marshall, tomorrow my plans include enough laundry to clothe all of China and getting caught up on my music downloads, and Sunday, I want to take some tween boys to see Diary of a Wimpy Kid!

No comments: