Friday, April 2, 2010

Friday Fill Ins

****This entry was actually typed yesterday but due to the crappy WiFi at the resort that kept waxing and waning while I was typing, I gave up, voiced a mild profanity and shut the computer!

Having a fabulous time at Wilderness and the kids are getting to have the time of their lives (so far in their little lives!) Michael just HAD to play in the arcade to volley for enough tickets to get a boomerang. 'A ball never comes back ofter you throw or kick it' he said....makes perfect sense to me. During one of his early attempts to win a few of the 100 tickets necessary to get said throwing implement....he won 1000 tickets! He was stunned...psyched, and he just stood there! The little things, right? On an off note, the microwave in our room has a sensor to know when the microwave popcorn is ready and it doesn't time it...weird!!!!! I suppose my children are not the only ones who are easily amused by the seemingly simple.

On a not so good side note, I found out yesterday the husband of one of the girls I used to work with was killed in a freak accident. He was only 33 with a 12 year old and an 8 year old. He was clearing off some trees on their property and somehow one of the trees gave but didn't break. After he passed over it with the tractor, it snapped back and hit him in the back of the head. That was it! Please pray for the poor grieving family this Easter. Then, count your blessings.

1. All you need is love, so they say!

2. A good slapstick comedy fills me with laughter.

3. Each generation, as it grows up, gets less respectful, spoiled and feels entitled.

4. Abuse to children of any kind is something I have a hard time dealing with.

5. A trip to Wilderness at the Smokies is what I need.

6. Give of yourself without an expectation of a return and you get back.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to some Mexican food alfresco tomorrow my plans include further overstimulation at the waterpark, a safe drive home, and spending time with my mom and dad and Sunday, I want to hunt Easter eggs, chow down on some Easter grub and remember the reason we this holiday exists to start with.

No comments: