Friday, June 11, 2010

The Beginning Of A Three Day Weekend

Hopefully this Friday is the kickoff to the next several Fridays I plan on taking off. If all goes as planned, my vacation will be spread out over the entire summer instead of one fatal swoop of a week, i.e. no workie on Fridays for the next six weeks!
A brief catch up of the past week or two in bullet form (ode to Crystal) as this is my favorite way.
  • Michael is officially finished with elementary school and shall grace the threshold of middle school next month. It is unfathomable his five years at Capshaw are over. Fourth grade had a lovely graduation ceremony and were presented with awards. I would like to say that all children did not receive awards but mine received two. (yes, this is shameless bragging). First he was awarded the President's Award for Educational Excellence and second he received an award for having an A/B average. Must take after his extremely intelligent mother.
  • Michael started Cross Country practice last Monday and seemed very excited about it. He said it kicked his butt however I think he is going to see this as a challenge instead of giving up because it is hard..which is something he has a tendency to do.
  • I finally received the tome of an owner's manual for my new Rebel XT camera...Holy Crap it reads like an owner's manual! I am going to cheat a little and take a photography class at the local college and have someone just spell it out for me and hold my hand. I am looking forward to taking my own pictures of the family and not having to pay someone else a ridiculous sum to do so.
  • Marshall finished his first season of soccer with a thud. We had to beg him to even get out on the field. Michael on the other hand finished with an amazing game and blocked the tie breaker the other team had attempted. It was Michael (as goalie) against one person from the other team....man to man....less than 20 feet away and he stuffed it right back in his face. I was a nervous wreck

1. Being pampered at a day spa feels great.

2. The solution is usually simple yet we try to make it complicated.

3. Every night it is really hard for me to fall asleep.

4. How about people making more of an effort to mind their own business.

5. Being a little selfish and stealing a little time for yourself is something I highly recommend!

6. Imagine there's no countries, it isn't hard to do. Nothing to kill or die for...

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to chillin' with my mom, tomorrow my plans include swimming and stealing some me time and Sunday, I want to hopefully get something accomplished even though I have no idea what that will be.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Wow...off to middle school huh? My daughter did that last year - but their middle school is only 7th & 8th - so she just has this one last year before she's off to high school . I'd also like to try my hand at photography some day. Hope you had a great weekend!