Friday, June 18, 2010

Mid Afternoon Fill Ins

This is the first opportunity I have had today to actually be on a computer so I am late on the draw! Anyway, I had the pleasure of sleeping in until 6:30 in the morning. My eldest was the one who woke me up and since we were both up at a decent time...we decided to go for a run. It was short (2 miles) but enjoyable. I am glad Michael has decided to 'own' his position on the cross country team and take the training part into his own hands. Next, we packed a bag and cooler and headed to McMinnville...why you ask...because they have a pretty cool civic complex complete with huge pool (with water fun features, water slides and high/low dives), tennis courts, batting cages, and large playground. Since it is only 4 dollars to get in we like to take the kids and head out. Four hours later....I am finally home and exhausted. It is amazing how tired sitting by a pool, reading People magazine, and sipping Diet Coke can be!!! Off we go.....

1. I wish my children's bedtime was 6:58.

2. It was the reason, of course, we decided to walk on the trail through the woods.

3. Attempting to blog incessantly is something I no longer feel the need to do.

4. I have another errand to run, then into my comfy summer evening at home clothes, a glass of wine and my favorite cigar (Monte Cristo) on the patio.

5. I wasn't the last one to wear it...just go find it!

6. What were once vices have become comfortably incorporated into my life~~

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to our Friday chicken/spinach artichoke pizza and chillin', tomorrow my plans include a wedding reception for my assistant, and Sunday, I want to enjoy Father's Day with Mike and the kids on the boat in the oppressive heat!!

No comments: