Friday, January 7, 2011

Discombobulated Friday

So far this day should be described as Freaky Friday. Is today the 13th? NOPE. Was there a full moon in our recent past or in the recent future? Not that I am aware of. However, this day has presented itself with a wide array of weird events. To start of the morning, I discover that school in Putnam county are closed today. Why? Your guess is as good as mine. The roads are virtually dry and there is nary a flake falling. A pre-emptive attack? Who knows....personally, I think it is rather silly to close a school for an impending snowfall instead of closing it for actual confirmation of said snow. If they keep this up, the kids will be going to school into July....wait...they start school in July which means they wouldn't get a summer break at all. That would be AWESOME! not really.
Secondly, I am sitting at a red light minding my own business. Suddenly, I am becoming a witness to a car accident which is unfolding right in front of me. A guy in a pick up truck made a left turn on green (no arrow) right in front of an oncoming vehicle. Well, that's just GREAT! Since I was the only one to witness it, I decided to do my duty and wait for the cop to finish so I could give a statement.
This has been my day so far and all of this has been before eight. I feel as if I should approach the rest of my day with trepidation....the signs are everywhere.....watch for the signs!!!


1. It's 2011; I am really wanting a good year. I want it, I deserve it and I really really need it.

2. I cannot begin to express how much I love fried dill pickles. Cock of the Walk, by Opryland, has the best pickles followed closely by Captain D's. I consider myself a pickle connoisseur of sorts!!

3. Thankfully I have my health and the health of my family. I know this sounds incredibly cliche but we are seriously blessed. No allergies...nothing.

4. You can make virtually any moment into the best thing in life.

5. I am so glad Christmas is over. Not a to be a bah humbug but I am glad to have my home back to normal and schedules back on track.

6. I love to bowl even though I supremely suck at it.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to a calm evening with the family and not having to cook (we have not had restaurant food in a week, so proud of the money saving and the effort), tomorrow my plans include teaching a friend to play racquetball, attending Michael's first basketball game and grilling a few racks of ribs for evening dinner (I have been Jonesing for some ribs), and Sunday, I want to relax, stay warm and catch up on some movie viewing. (I wonder if I am seriously capable of taking it easy for an entire day?)


No comments: