Monday, January 18, 2010

Only Two More

Because my husband is from Minnesota we are followers of the Vikings football team. This has been one of their best seasons so far. Brett Favre has stepped up to the plate and led this team deep into the playoffs. However, we are doing what most Minnesotans are doing......holding our breath and peeking out with squinted eyes. What does that mean, you ask. It means we have all seen this before. The Vikings coming out of the gate like a greyhound after fake rabbit then fizzle out like water on a fire. They have never one a Superbowl....NEVER! Attended, Yes....Won, NO!
We are so hoping this is their year. After seeing them spank the Cowboys like a red-headed stepchild, I am worried they may get cocky. I have a feeling the Saints are going to be a team to reckon with. I am such a sore loser that I probably shouldn't even watch it. If the Vikings are losing and playing like crap, I am going to take my blood pressure. I bet it will be high. Come on Vikings, you only have TWO MORE TO WIN!

2 comments:

Shayne Raven said...

Go Vikings! I can't believe they beat Dallas so soundly.

Angela said...

It was bittersweet for me. I truly am a sore loser and my heart rate climbs to dangerous levels when the team I am rooting for doesn't play up to par! I started feeling sorry for the Cowboys toward the end, though! Pity.