Friday, December 10, 2010

I Like Torturing Myself

As the alignment of planets would have it, the night I was to host bunko was the day before my company Christmas party. Guess what, both were going to be hosted at my house. Ahhhhh, the strange comfort of self-induced stress. The seductive siren song only to fall upon the ears of a party maven. I just couldn't resist their sweet melody! Alright, I am being a doofus...but...I have survived bunko night yesterday, had a fabulous time and scored a sweet gift. Tonight, the company party. It will be fun and I will survive and a bottle of wine will be imbibed! This is only for medicinal purposes, of course.
On a different note, mom is doing great. The doctor was able to place more fluid into her expanders and without any additional issues foreseen, her final implant surgery should be the second week of January and all of this will be behind her. She is already walking an hour a day and/or getting on the elliptical for 45 minutes and the doctor just cleared her to lift weights. Lord help us all. I don't think she has a back down button!
I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend. Christmas is in 15 days.....prepare!!

1. I wish all my wishes could be real.

2. ...that's what I'm thinking.

3. Please bring on the presents, smiles and laughs at Christmas. I need it.

4. To watch my children grow up and have their own agenda and interests is so amazing.

5. One of my fondest hopes is to find a place in my life where I am truly happy.

6. People have actually gone out of their way for me at times and I just wanted to say thank you.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to my company Christmas party, tomorrow my plans include cleaning up my house (I am sure) and taking the kids to see Santa**see below**and Sunday, I want to try to relax and not do a lot...I really don't know what that is like!

**Marshall has been talking to a picture of Santa on one of our Christmas cards. He is begging cardboard Santa to bring him a skateboard. Poor thing, this is his expectation of the jolly guy, a printed cartoon type character. So Sad

1 comment:

mandi said...

I think you're marvelous.
Just wanted to say.