Friday, December 17, 2010

Only Eight More Days

Well, we survived the seven inches of snow we had the pleasure of receiving Sunday night. The kids played in it all day but had to come in several times to warm up seeing as the temperature was 15 degrees....brrrrr! This is the only time of the year when I am not too happy about my job. Doing home health means going to peoples homes in the snow and cold. I ended up moving most of my people and seeing as therapy is not a life or death matter, they all understood the postponement. The rest of the week was just odd. I know that sounds like a strange descriptor but even my 10 year old agreed. With school being out for snow, the kids staying up later than usual even though Marshall still went to preschool (late because I couldn't get him awake!), having to change several things around at work, Mom staying with us in the middle of the week (this really messed me up because my brain kept telling me it was Friday, that is the day she usually stays the night), and just generally feeling off. That is the perfect description of how I have felt this week, OFF!
Only 8 more days until Christmas and I have finally finished my shopping. Well, I do have a few small gifts to buy for my assistants but other than that....done. For this I am thankful.
Everyone have a safe and fabulous weekend.

1. What in the world was I thinking getting Marshall a skateboard for Christmas.

2. Whenever I go to Franklin to see my family I always leave well fed. (probably a couple of pounds heavier, too)

3. Go GET WELL!

4. I have got to get my Christmas cards sent out, such a slacker.

5. I keep hoping that miraculously, things will turn out the way they are supposed to.

6. Believe it or not George isn't at home, please leave a message at the beep.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I am looking forward to eating at Blue Coast Burrito and taking the family to the movies, tomorrow my plans include heading to Franklin and celebrating Christmas with my mom's side of the family, and Sunday, I want to enjoy the fabulous present my mom gets me every year....taking the kids for a few days so I can actual orate an entire sentence without interruption. Just when I thought it would never happen in my own home ever again!! Kid free 4 days and 3 nights...heaven.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.