Saturday, February 5, 2011

Friday On Saturday

Another roller coaster of a week is in my past as I brace for yet another one in two days. Forty to fifty hour work weeks get real old when you cant just come home, prop your feet up and veg for the rest of the night. AHHH, the joys of Momdom where life never stops, not even for one second.
Not that I would technically want it to stop but I do think a nanny would be nice. A fun one but not too much fun...might make me look bad. :)
Nothing much exciting happened this weekend. I was able to do quite a bit of contract work which will yield me a decent extra paycheck...debt free life....here I come!!
I did, however, accidentally stumble upon an interesting place in the upper northern portion of Putnam County. I really cannot quite describe it except for surreal. It is in a mostly non-populated area of the city and looks as if it was hit by a tsunami. The uprooted trees of massive proportion littered alongside the bank of a seemingly innocent creek, debris and other various litter was scattered everywhere from ground to 30 feet up (where trees were still standing), and lastly, parts of old shack like houses demolished when after being swept off their foundations and forced to sift through remnants of rotting tree trunks. It was the weirdest feeling to be there. So weird, I actually put the truck in park and got out. My stupid GPS was what led me here, you know, to take me on a short cut. Normally, I have it out with my little global friend when he does this to me but this time I thanked him. I did, however, end up turning around in a very narrow area where the width of the gravel road kept getting smaller and smaller. Hoping the area I was backing into wasn't soft creek pebbles but some kind of substantial gravel.
Anywho, I know this is probably weird to read but I really don't know how to describe it. I am going back tomorrow to show my boys and take some picture. I am sure the pics won't even come close to doing it justice but I will make an attempt and post them later.

1. We are on this earth because someone has an interesting sense of humor and wanted to see what would happen if a bunch of different types of peeps where thrown into a mix and left to their own devices.

2. Something I would never like to experience is being lost in the wilderness or desert for days and having to forage for food and water. I would probably die in an hour!!!

3. One of the hardest things for me to learn is to sit back and let the world and life happen.

4. I can let life affect me so that it is hard to stay connected.

5. I remember the way that made me feel and hope to never forget it.

6. My children are one of the best parts of my life. (even thought I need a break sometimes)

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to eating out and spending time with my mom, tomorrow my plans include lounging, lounging and basketball and Sunday, I want to revisit that strange place and take some awesome pictures.

No comments: