Thursday, September 3, 2009

Thank You Lord For The Health Of My Children

Marshall's 3 year check up was today. The boy's doc goes to our church so visits to the pediatrician are never traumatic (especially when their physician used to be their Sunday School teacher!) The first thing Jim said when he sat down with his little laptop was something like..."Hello Marshall, let's see when the last time we saw you......wow, it was at your two year check up!" What an eye opener for Mike and I. Neither of us had any idea Marshall had not been sick for an entire year.....at least not sick enough to go to the doctor. Reflecting back, Michael has not been sick since at least March! I hate that I take so many things for granted and complain about stupid, piddly things. I have the one thing no amount of money could ever buy....the health of my family and yours truly. What an awesome blessing and gift.
Anywho, to make a long story unbearable......Marshall is officially a haus. This is new territory for Mike and I since Michael was always 50 percentile this and 50 percentile that. Marshall weighed in at 40 pounds and some change and is 40.5 inches tall. Doc said 97 percentile plus for both....I didn't know you could be that! What are the requirements for 100 percentile? Who knows. I guess that would be borderline freak percentile!

No comments: