Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Reverse Chronology

Well, (deep sigh) I have thoroughly enjoyed my hiatus from blogging. It's not that I don't enjoy it, rather the relief of the pressure...you know....."wow, that was way funnier in person than what I just typed!" So, bare with me and my usual canaille, here is blog catcher upper from a few weeks ago which will work up to Christmas over the next few entries.......

The kickoff, so to speak, was the Ornament Swap on the 9th of this month. We had about eighteen girls show up with hors d'oeurves and a dirty Santa present in hand. Lots of fun and laughs to be had along with the usual stealing involved in Dirty Santa. We offer no apologies or prejudice. If you are new to the group...sorry...if you have a gift we want, well, you know the ending to this story. There was one poor girl who kept picking the awesome presents. Guess what, we kept stealing them. Talk about a great first impression. I was fortunate enough to get a small ornament and a rockin' Tyler Candle (Paris) which happens to be my fav...WEIRD! Here are some pics from that event........
On Dec 18Th, several different friends went out for Deborah's graduation party. The event was held at Char and the graduate paid for everything at the end of the night. Above is a picture of myself with her....keep this wholesome image in your mind before you progress to the next few pictures. Congratulations to Deborah and her B.S. RN. A lot of hard work, sweat and tears went into that degree and you deserve all of it. Also, she only allowed girls to celebrate that fateful night and had commandeered a ride for all of us via her husband. Although I felt I was OK to drive (I live 1 mile away from the event) she persisted and I relented (not coquettishly) and had a safe ride home. I am so thankful for caring friends...thank you thank you thank you thank you
Here are the pics....scary I know but we had a great time!


Alright, for the most part....consider yourself caught up. I had a successful Christmas party even if the only 3 couples that hung out were the party ones. I was flattered considering I was 10 years older than the OLDEST ONE. They like hangin' with granny and all of her wisdom..apparently.

No comments: