Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mary, Mary Quite Contrary......

How does your garden grow?
I did find it interesting that this little nursery rhyme has a bitter past. Discrepancy over origin, the exact wordage, and (most interesting) it being a religious allegory of Catholicism. Hard to believe something so simple can be so deep. And here we are thinking we can interpret the Bible....Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All I wanted to do was show pre and post pictures of our little garden. You see, we are not allowed to have a 'real' garden in our neighborhood so this is the compromise. The kids have really enjoyed planting and watering our little slice of Heaven. Let's see...we have tomatoes of all shapes and sizes (literally), peppers of all shapes and sizes, sweet peas and okra (I am a big fan). Hopefully will have a fruitful bounty! Happy work week....

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I love our garden and can't wait to get some veggies. It's like quadrupled in size in a month. I am amazed!