Sunday, March 7, 2010

Early Weekend Update

Since I can steal away a few minutes this morning I figured I would go ahead and write a spell. Blogging in the a.m. with a steamy cup of coffee seems like the right time.

Friday night without the kids was peaceful but weird not to have any noise. I ended up falling asleep around 9 (much to my husband's dismay I am sure) and was able to sleep until 6. For some reason I am almost physically unable to sleep past that time. Mike and I decided to run errands sans children which was really weird not to be yelling 'hurry up', 'look with your eyes not your hands', 'get over here', 'could you possible walk any slower'....etc....etc....We ended up buying a few baby green houses to start 6 pepper plants, 20 tomato plants and a new faucet for the kitchen. A couple of the starter kits were designed for kids so the boys could help and they loved it. I was going to take pics of them with their little gardening gloves on and such but of course the battery in the digital camera was dead....arrrghh! Here is a picture of the end result from this morning after charging the battery!

I was also able to run a few miles yesterday but I got those damn side pains which drive me crazy. I sure would like to know why sometimes I get them and sometimes I don't. Hopefully the 3 I run today will be without side pain and minimal exhaust fumes from passing motorists.

Lastly I wanted to share a clip from the website 'Funny or Die'. If you have never watched anything on this site you are truly missing out. Will Ferrell is the brain child behind it if that gives you any insight of the content. The newest clip on the site is Obama getting visited in the night by the last 5 presidents....hilariously funny and so good to see all the SNL characters (even Chevy Chase and Dan Akroyd) playing their old bits. This 5 minute bit was directed by Ron Howard believe it or not. Please indulge me and watch it. It has three different parts but the first of the three is the main one. http://http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/dc60287a2a/president-s-reunion-behind-the-scenes?rel=player

I hope everyone gets a good laugh, had a wonderful weekend and is ready for yet ANOTHER work week.

No comments: