Monday, August 11, 2008

Happy 17th

Well, I have officially been married for 17 years. Mike and I celebrated our wedding anniversary yesterday with roasting bratwurst on the fire followed by s'mores. Not a lot of fanfare but we are not the gift swapping type of folk. Everything we want (not need) are expensive and things we want together. So a simple card does the trick! I guess this makes Mike and I officially old. How can anyone be married this long and not be considered old? I am sure it will only get worse and go by faster.
Michael received his Bible during church service yesterday. This will be followed by classes on the next 7 Sunday evenings to teach him how to use it. Mike and I were so proud when he went up front to get it from the priest. He stood up there holding it like he had just got an award. It is so funny what pleases kids.

Mike has his first men's softball game tonight and he is so excited. He is playing on the church league. For those of you who are not familiar with Mike, he is highly competitive. Yes, I know, so are a lot of other people but Mike is on an echelon all his own. Compounding that with the fact he LOVES baseball/softball......well you get the point. They play a double header tonight...one at 8 and the other at 9. Mike usually goes to bed by 9! (You have to when you get up without an alarm at 3:30 or 4 in the morning, PSYCHO!) I hope he does not fall asleep on the field!!

No comments: