Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy Fourth...It's Almost My Birthday


My mom always reminds me how miserable she was come the 4th of July thirty-five++ some odd years ago!!! When she was pregnant...I decided to be 2 weeks late. You see, even in utero, it was all about me! This was a mere precursor of things to come! You know...egocentric, self-centered, all about me, etc, etc.......
Now, Mom does not mention the pregnancy in a belabored way, I think it is more of a bittersweet life's passage. My birthday is actually on the 6th and seeing as I have had two summer babies....I assure you I have major sympathy for my mother! Add in the fact I was a baby creeping upon 9 pounds for a 5'2" woman who would barely break 110 pounds soaking wet!
Since there was a birthday, girls night out ensued. Any excuse will do and my birthday is just as good as excuse as anything else! We went to Crawdaddy's for my birthday. As the name implies, this is an homage to Cajun food and a mighty good stab at it if I do say so myself. I had the Shrimp 'n Grits with a side of fried okra. Please do not curl your nose at grits. It is not just for breakfast anymore! This dish is sinful....but I may be a little bias because, after all, I am southern belle! This is our little group...I am first on the right...oh, I mean the prettiest one there!!!! We had a great time and too much to drink!!! I hope everyone has a wonderful 4th of July. Remember why we celebrate it!!

No comments: