Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Egg Hunt Number Two

I swear, if I see one more plastic egg, cheap toy, or piece of chocolate.....I am going to scream! It has been like an Easter Egg Hunt extravaganza at the Bregenzer home. One after another, after another. Empty and violated plastic eggs are littered throughout my home......my children are running around like banshees (can you die from chocolate overdose?).....and I am extremely OVERSTIMULATED!
Michael had his first Egg Hunt at the house of Tennessee Tech's president. This is an annual event orchestrated by his daughter which is my good friend, Heather. Luckily the weather held out until it was over. Michael was very disappointed because he did not find a lot of eggs. I hated it for him since this was the last year he could be the 'hunter/gatherer'. Next season, he will have graduated to 'hider/scatterer' since the age limit is 3rd grade. He thought is wasn't fair but you know how the saying goes "Life isn't fair"
Today, we had the pleasure of driving to Franklin, TN for our second Egg Hunt. I sure hate that drive but I love seeing my family. My aunt Jorgi took on the task of hostess and she has the perfect house for it. Her basement is not "finished" but it has all the amenities to host a soiree without having to worry about a mess. Full bath, industrial kitchen, old furniture, big screen TV, and a Wii. What more could a person want??? The only caveat is ALL the UT stuff. It is everywhere. I think I was seeing spots when I left!!!! Anyway, I think everyone had a great time and I personally had WAY too much to eat. So much that as soon as I got home I jumped on the elliptical for 30 minutes. That eased the eating guilt a little bit.
Michael and his booty.
Mom and Marshall
Marshall
Me and Hot Lips
Chocolate High

1 comment:

mandi said...

Tell little Michael that Peach didn't get too many eggs at Isabelle's either. HMJ, on the other hand, made OUT! Personally, I am just fine about it. Less for me to eat!!