Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Growing Up Fast

Marshall can officially count to 11! Yes, I know that sounds strange but that is where he stops. When I try to have him count to the next number, he screams NOOO! This is his favorite word. I think he is realizing the power behind it instead of just aping us. This morning he said the longest sentence in the history of his life. "I want to get up on the bed, Mommy." Who could turn down such a request with that sweet little voice. Oh, and did I mention he is quite bossy. He is constantly handing down directives like we are his loyal subjects instead of his family. I just don't know where he gets it! (Actually, I do know but I am not going to tell anyone)
I am also entering uncharted waters with him in regards to temper tantrums. This has become his new M.O. when he does not get what he wants. Even the smallest thing has him collapsing in the floor and letting out this short burst scream. My eldest never put on such displays so this is new to me. I am not sure if I should completely ignore him or swat his butt and then ignore him. If anyone has any suggestions, I am all ears.

No comments: