Monday, November 3, 2008

Marshall's Big Boy Bed

We are officially experimenting with a big boy bed. Marshall has one of those 3 'n 1 deals and we have removed the bars!! He is now free to get and out of bed at his leisure. So far, so good. (I am knocking on wood while I am typing that...I am very talented). He has spent 3 nights in it and has actually stayed in it. In retrospect, I have a feeling the worst is yet to come. The first night of 'the new bed' we did not get home until 10 pm, so he was exhausted. Sunday night he was medicated with Triaminic because of a runny nose and cough. Monday night he was sick as a dog (see next post) and had no idea where he was sleeping and probably did not care!
For those of you who don't know, Marshall can be quite the turd. This comment is said with love and the utmost truth. He is also smart and tall for his age. He can unlock the doorknob and the bolt lock leading to the outside of the house. That is the last thing any Mom needs to worry about. A two year old wondering aimlessly in the great outdoors sans parents is never a good idea! Because of this, I have a gate posted outside of his door. That way if he gets up in the middle of the night, he cannot exit his room.
So, Monday morning Marshall gets up and proceeds to open his bedroom door. He stands at the gate and yells
Mommy, Mommy, Daddy, Daddy....I wake up...Mommy, Mommy...I wake up. Grinning from ear to ear. Of course this does not have the same weight if you cannot hear it but it was sooo cute.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

We have the same front door issue. And you're braver then me, G is still not in a big boy bed. I keep holding out for the bed I've been lusting after in Pottery Barn kids....I really think *I* want to get it so I can sleep in it.