Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween Holiday With Decor Sidebar

Ok, so I am a total loser. I have so many blog entries in my head from over the weekend but I waited. Now, I have 3 blogs to enter on the same day which occurred over a span of time plus a new happening for today!! Sorry! I may even wait until tomorrow to finish. I am a constant procrastinator.
So, Halloween was wonderful. I got lazy and decided not to cook for the next door get together. Instead, I had Mike pick up 4 orders of Southwestern Egg Rolls from Chili's.......YUUUMMYYY! Put those bad boys on a holiday appropriate plate....bammo...you have instant happiness. There were tons of people attending. Most of them were from church or school. I was able to socialize some but with the pool still open...well I have a two year old....do the math! Their pool is heated so those lucky fellas are able to keep it open later than normal.....I am jealous!
My crew went trick or treating around our neighborhood first. This entourage included my husband, kids, and mom. As I mentioned two posts ago, only a handful of houses in our neighborhood participate in this holiday. Seeing as there are only 14 houses, it does not take long. Mom, Marshall, and I abandoned ship at that point and Mike took Michael to the adjacent neighborhood. Mom and I stayed behind to give out candy. Although our area is small, people flock here. I went through 2 bags of candy from Sam's Club which is over 250 pieces of the good stuff. Apparently, big houses equal good candy in some people's minds because we had over 1o0 trick or treaters. In the end, I was going through Michael's candy and pulling out things he cannot eat (braces) like Tootsie Rolls, bubble gum and Laffy Taffy in order to keep up. Our last trick or treater came at 8:43 p.m. Thank goodness. I was tired and ready for bed!! I am so old!
By the way, I found out at Michael's class party that he received the student of the week. I just had to brag a minute. Last but not least, feast your eyes on these gorgeous pumpkin topiaries. I know everyone has been waiting with bated breath.


No comments: