Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Happy Veteran's Day

If by the small chance I have anyone who has served in the military reading this..THANK YOU.
Thank you for sacrificing yourself in any way, big or small. Because of you, I can basically do whatever I want. I can work where I want, drive where I want, live where I want and I even have the right to write this blog and say whatever I want. I think most people have lost sight of this so I just wanted to remind them. My husband served in the military and the companies he has worked for have never let him off for this holiday. I think it is ironic how the state/federal offices close on this day and I venture to guess not even half of them have ever served in any military branch. I personally think this should be a mandatory day off for anybody who has but I am sure that will never happen.

No comments: