Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Weekend

Wow, it is amazing how much one can look forward to a holiday weekend and then watch it go by so fast. I am having a hard time digesting that tomorrow is Monday. It is crazy. One minute I have four days and the next minute I have 12 hours. Again, how is that so? Our Thanksgiving was great. We went to my grandmother's house in Franklin and had the opportunity to see lots of family members that we only see a few times a year. Most of the great-grandchildren are boys so they all went outside and jumped on the trampoline, wrestled and other boy things. The food was great and I personally ate two full plates. I just could not help myself. My weakness is good food and company.
I ended up spending the night at my mom's house on Thursday night and went shopping on Black Friday. As sad as it is to say, this was my first glimpse into the bad economy I have had. We did not get there (Cool Springs Galleria) until after 7 a.m. and we drove right in and got a parking place. I met my friend Jinger and some of her family. It was sad to see such a small crowd but I liked it for my own selfish reasons.
I got back to my mom's house around 4 p.m. What a wonderful day of shopping. I was able to buy most of the boy's clothes. I still have some Santa toys to buy but other than that...I am done! THANK GOODNESS~
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving with reflection and thanks. Even if things get rough, I feel they could always be worse.

No comments: