Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Eve

In order to preserve my mom's sanity and at our reluctance, we drove to Nashville to pick up the kids! I am kidding, we did miss them but the break was so nice. The drive down was uneventful. The drive back was Hell. We decided to hit the road at the exact moment a storm was traveling up I-40 in the same direction we were going. The rain was heavy and the wind was blowing it in sheets. Visibility was low but not non-existent....well, for some people it was non-existent. One would have thought it was blizzard conditions. People driving 30 mph, pulled over on the side of the road....we even came to a complete stop three times during our quest. I have no problem with people correcting their speed to their comfort level but GET IN THE SLOW LANE! It took us 1.5 hours to get home. (Usually takes 55 min). We spent the evening at Mike's parents pigging out on amazing hors d'oeuvres and opening presents. The boys were allowed to open one gift a piece of my choosing when we got home. I chose the matching pajamas. Not too exciting for them but I thought they were adorable.

No comments: