Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Our Virtual Dental Practice

Has anyone heard of a child losing 4 teeth in 3 weeks? How about 2 teeth in one day? Neither had I until Monday. That was the morning Michael comes out of the bathroom with one of his molars in his hand and a big grin on his face. "I wonder if the Tooth Fairy leaves more money for a molar", he asked. I did not respond but as far as THIS Tooth Fairy is concerned....NO! Later that evening I was cooking dinner and we were all watching Jeopardy. Michael jumped off the couch and yelled, "Oh my gosh, I just lost another tooth". I thought he was playing a joke but around the bar he runs with another molar in his hand....and the grin!
So, Wednesday morning, Michael comes downstairs sorely disappointed. Apparently Mike forgot to put money under the pillow. Luckily, Mike was quick on his feet and explained to him the Fairy must have not made the switch because he left his bedside light on instead of just a nightlight. Furthermore, the Fairy is scared of light instead of the dark so that must have been it. Fortunately, Michael is a tad bit into the gullible stage and bought it hook, line and sinker. The next night he slept with all his lights off....low and behold....he got money!! Job well done!

No comments: