Monday, March 16, 2009

Girl's Night Out

I love Girl's Night Out. Yes, it is capitalized because it is an event of notoriety. I am not talking about a drunk fest of women around a table needing a taxi ride home. I am speaking of a group of intelligent, wonderful women who have incredible insight into life's weird eccentricities. Well, that may be going too far. However, I can assure you the conversation is never dull and time flies at warp speed when we are all together.
I used to want these gatherings to be huge...the more the merrier. Now, I prefer a small, more intimate group of girls. The conversation flows better and no one feels left out. I hated to do it on a Sunday night but Spring Break officially started last Friday and one has to take what one can get. With everybody's vacations overlapping, it seemed to be the best time.
We didn't get any world issues settled, no transcendental moments or speaking in tongues. However, we were able to get the ball rolling on a girl's summer vacation. One of my friends has a family member with a condo close to Palm Beach. SWEET. We're there! Everyone felt this would be something they would not only like to do......it was something they deserved to do. Hee Hee!

No comments: