Friday, July 10, 2009

Friday Fill Ins

A busy week has come to a close and I could not be happier. I did not get my 3 day weekend which I had grown quite accustomed to. Booooo. However, to further my wasp week.....we are all sitting on the patio admiring my tomato plants (oooooooo, aaaaaaah) and Michael decides to fix one of the bird feeders that was clogged. He sticks his finger in the slot, starts digging out seed clumps and hitting it to knock them loose. I will give you one guess as to what happens. You guessed it....about a half dozen wasps swarm out of that thing and wage an attach. Luckily Michael was only stung one time but it was about one centimeter from his eye. I have never heard such wailing come from a 9 year old. I thought he may be dying. The irony of all this is, I was just telling Mike that I have had a really long week and need some quiet. HAHAHAHAHA, what in the hell was I thinking when I thought something like that.
Michael is off to golf camp today in Nashville and won't be back until next Friday. I am going to miss that little guy but he will be having too much fun to miss me. That's OK, part of growing up.


1. The last thing I ate was filet mignon and shrimp skewers off the grill.

2. The perfect black dress is something I recently bought.

3. When it rains, it helps me relax....especially when accompanied by thunder and lightening.

4. Mike was the first person I talked to today.

5. Hugs are are in unlimited supply in this house...Much to Michael's dismay I am sure.

6. I only use bamboo sheets on my bed for extra comfort.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to not having the opportunity to hear my kids fight, tomorrow my plans include swimming and conquering another wall in the bedroom and Sunday, I want to go to a BBQ in my birthday honor at one of my friends houses. See how the celebration of my birthday has been unfolding? I don't have one big party, I have four smaller parties. It is like a birthday Hanukkah! (Sidenote: I mean no offense with this remark to any of my readers who may be Jewish)

No comments: