Friday, July 17, 2009

Friday Fill Ins

I don't mean to complain because I know being thankful is how I should feel, BUT...I worked my but off this week! I successfully crammed 44 hours of work into 4 days AND I finished painting the bedroom. I am so looking forward to my three day weekend because I have earned it. Michael is coming home today after an 8 day hiatus from home. That little guy has been quite the traveler over the summer. I think it is good for him to start spending long stretches of time away from home. Not for selfish reasons (believe it or not) but for maturity reasons. Kids need those proverbial apron strings cut and get out some. Grown up kids (you know the ones, 28, 34, 42 year olds) still living at home are more numerous now than ever. I see it all the time in home health. Not because they have fallen upon hard times, they are too comfortable living off, ahem, mooching off Mom and Dad! OK, didn't mean to skew off in that direction. It just bugs the crap out of me when I see that sort of thing. And we are off...................

1. Any type of pasta and a complimentary type of meat make a quick and easy dinner.

2. Double Cross by James Patterson is the book I'm reading right now. (Yes, I actually have time to cram reading into my crazy schedule)

3. July brings back memories of playing all day at Hermitage Landing (AKA Nashville Shores.)

4. The outcome was obvious.

5. They say if you tell your dreams before you eat breakfast they will come true.

6. I should take more time to think it over. I am just so damn spontaneous sometimes.

7. And as for the weekend, today I'm looking forward to spending the day with my kids and mom at the zoo and tonight sitting outside and enjoying the 59 degree air (eat your hearts out Danielle and Crystal), tomorrow my plans include getting the bag and boat cooler packed and spending the day on the lake with the family and Sunday, I want to enjoy yet another beautiful day we are being blessed with in the middle of July and maybe have Marshall's girlfriend over.

No comments: