Monday, May 26, 2008

Chaos With Intervals of Lucidity

Although kids have their moments of chaos, it is often followed by intervals of lucidity. This makes everything alright and levels the playing field. It started this morning when I woke up feeling absolutely horrible. Marshall got up at 6:30. Normally, Marshall is a whiney little thing in the morning...that is, until he eats! But this morning his Spidey Sense must have been going off. He did not eat for almost 2 hours and entertained himself while I laid around wishing I would just throw up and get it over with! I just think he knew mom was in a bad way!!
He woke Michael up at 8:30 and I informed big brother how I was feeling as I crawled into bed. Michael asked me what was wrong and I told him I was feeling sick at my stomach. He jumped out of bed and ran down the steps at 725 mph! I heard him in the kitchen and then running back up the steps. He had gone to get me a plastic bag.....in case I did actually get sick!! How thoughtful is that. He then brings his brother down stairs and gets a banana for both of them. I made Marshall some oatmeal and Michael made himself a bowl of cereal. He noticed the trashcan under the sink was full when he threw away the banana peels. He then proceeded to take out the trash and even put in a new trash bag! Who was this body snatcher!!
Kids continue to amaze me. They can be so egocentric most of the time then turn around and be so nurturing and caring......it brings tears to my eyes. Have I told you how wonderful my children are lately??

No comments: