Monday, May 12, 2008

Double Whammy

Well, it has finally happened. Both of my children are sick at the same time. Here is the breakdown of my family ailments:
My baby has had a fever for 3 days that the antibiotic has not touched. We went back to the M.D. today in an attempt to figure out what is going on with him. The doctor is stumped. Make no mistake....I trust my doctor but he cannot know everything.....he is human. We are supposed to go back tomorrow for another CBC (blood check). If the counts are the same or less, no worries. If the counts are higher...the will admit him to the hospital to do a complete blood culture, x-ray, etc. If anyone reads this, please pray for the little guy. Marshall can be such a 'spirited' little turd but I love him so much and I want my old Marshall back.

My oldest child has some random fever averaging 101.5. This is accompanied by off/on nausea and diarrhea. He is talkative but tired with little to no appetite. As everyone knows, having a sick child is the pits no matter what. The difference, my oldest can verbalize what ails him. My baby cannot.
I hate that I have not made a post for 6 days and when I do it is all negative. I guess with the good you have to take the bad. All and all, I have had incredible luck with my children and their health. Make no mistake, I am not a bit frustrated by this recent turn of events. Worried sick sums up how I feel at this point.

No comments: