Saturday, September 6, 2008

Michael Sings To Relax

For anyone who reads this next entry, you must promise to never mention it to Michael. If you don't think you can trust yourself, close this immediately! I know certain things my children do are not as cute and funny to the world proper as it is to me. However, this is funny.
When most people go poo (#2 for those who don't know what pooing is) they need something to relax during this event. Some people read. Some people play electronic Yahtzee. Some people just stare at the wall (which is the weirdest choice of all). I bet no one does what my son does......he sings! I know it is strange to quietly sneak up to the outside of the door when Michael is pooing but the entertainment factor is way up there.
For example, today's a capella performance was 'Don't You Forget About Me' by Simple Minds. This has an exceptionally deep meaning for my generation as it conjures images of Judd Nelson walking across the football field with his fist pumped in the air. (For those of you who have no idea what I am talking about, you are too young to read this blog!) Ahhhh, the memories.

I have seriously digressed...........

Anyway, it is weird but comical to hear your 8 year old resurrecting this song. Especially on the toilet! But he totally ruined my walk down memory lane when he concluded his rendition
with........the remainder of the J.C. Penney commercial!!! Those kids today!!!

No comments: