Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The Official Unofficial Birthday Party

I cannot believe that as of 2:29 p.m. this afternoon, my eldest son turned 9 years old. This is his last single digit birthday and I am a little depressed. Thankfully, he has been little trouble since his introduction to this World (unlike you know who). Other than the usual hiccup with rearing a child, he has been a God send! There was not a lot of fanfare tonight for a couple of reasons or a few reasons or several reasons...whatever the definition 1. Michael had flag football tonight until 7pm so a lot of pomp and circumstance was not in the cards for tonight. 2. Michael is having a big Star Wars sleepover Saturday night ( I am sooo excited, I just love parties) therefore that is the "actual day" of the festivities. Not to downplay anything because it is all a big deal....this is all I have as a memory token until Saturday. Michael was able to open some gifts this evening, at his request. He received some dough (money, sweet), 3-D chalk, Star Wars paraphernalia, and a HUGE bag of gigantic marshmallows from the Paul Bunyan store in Minnesota. These puppies are HUGE. I would say equal to 3-4 normal people sized. I promise you, nothing compared to the likes of this you have witnessed. I am saving them for the sleepover so the boys can make them in conjunction with the whole s'mores thing. Don't worry....minimal pics on my blog and maximum pics on Facebook once it is all said and done. Be sure to tune in....
On a totally different subject...I received another award...this time from my cyber friend Crystal. I will be sure to comment on that tomorrow.



2 comments:

mandi said...

I agree that your Michael is precious. Happy Birthday to him!

Crystal said...

3D chalk??!! COOL! Happy bday Michael!