Sunday, May 31, 2009

Back To The Daily Grind

Another weekend has come and gone. Yet here I sit contemplating how fast two days can go instead of being excited about the upcoming work week. I should be thankful I have a job but instead I have decided to covet people who teach for a living as they are settling in to enjoy a 9 week sabbatical in the sun and by the pool. I am very jealous...not really but kind of!
Anyway, we took the family to the pool on Saturday and I decided to take the half and half approach. What I mean by that is, the right side of my body is burnt and the left side of my body is pink. How did this happen you ask? Well, when you reach that conclusion please share it with the group. I have decided I need a sunscreen application in-service because I have missed the boat. My lobster skin says so. One thing is for sure, I have full comprehension of how to apply said sunscreen product to my children as they did not get burnt at our 3 hour pool excursion. Better me than them. Oh the sacrifices of being a parent...I took one for the team! Ha ha
In my well done state, being in the sun today would be futile, pointless, and quite frankly...STUPID! So I decided to take Michael and one of his friends to the movies. We screened Night At The Museum: Battle Of The Smithsonian. HILARIOUS! Please, Please, Please go see this. No weird language and only two little kissy scenes where Michael closed his eyes and said "Tell me when it is over".
Well that is the exciting wrap up to my weekend. I live such a fast paced life! ;)
To wrap up this entry...here is a picture of the boys visiting on Sunday around 6pm. Mike made grilled chicken, corn on the cob, spinach salad and sauteed portabello mushrooms. I am so glad someone in this house can cook. My boys are the ones on the end.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Weird on the half and half thing...only thing I can think of is that the sun was hitting one side more directly than the other?? hmm.

I was not too far from you (well, still kinda far...but not as far as Phoenix) on Thursday/Friday. I was in Raleigh, NC for a meeting. Beautiful there I tell ya.

Cute picture of the boys! And I can't wait to take the girls to see Night at the Museum.

Crystal said...

And...you have a couple awards waiting for you on my blog! :)