Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Ward Off Mosquitoes AND Have Fresh Breath

I don't have anything incredibly important to write about (like I ever do) so I decided to share a little secret with all of you. As most of you know from my previous posts or if you know me well, I tend to be a little 'Green' in regards to my environment. Do not mistake this for being a germaphobe. I am far from it. We have ZERO anti-microbial bull crap in the house NOR do I constantly berate my children to wash their hands after the smallest sneeze, cough, hiccup or the like. GROSS most of you would say however, I would like to present Exhibit One (which happens to be my only exhibit just with three sub entities). I would like to present to the jury the following facts....1. I have called in sick ONCE in my entire work history due to an illness (Since I was 16),
2. Mike has never called in sick in his work history, 3. Michael has only missed on average of 2 days per year of school due to sickness, 4. Not counting the 16 ear infections Marshall had during the first year and a half of his life, he has the occasional insidious onset of fever but normally...he is good to go.
OK, I HAVE TOTALLY DIGRESSED BUT FOR SOME REASON I ALWAYS FEEL I HAVE TO DEFEND MY NON-ANTIMICROBIAL MISSION!!!! SO THERE!
Back to the subject(s) at hand.....mosquito repellent and fresh breath.....talk about a great marketing campaign. The best and safest mosquito repellent is......................................drum roll please...................................and only people who actually know how to drum and not just trill their tongues......................................................LISTERINE. Yes, Yes, Yes....for all you folks who doll out 6-7 dollars a bottle on insect repellent that smells weird and God (not said in vain) only knows what in the world DEET does to us......I feel cancerous growths already.
That said, buy or preferably reuse a pump spray bottle by filling it up with Listerine. Not any of those fancy, smanshy kinds....just the good ole, what we grew up with kind. Fill up the bottle, spray the periphery of the patio, deck, or whatever..I have been know to spray the swingset and a sacred circle around it to act as a buffer......it works. Spray the kids, spray you, spray it in your mouth and the mouth of your spouse and give each other a big KISS! Let me know what you think!
P.S. Could I have used an ellipses any more in this blog........I think not! (Yes, I know an ellipses is technically on three dots but I tend to overuse .)

1 comment:

mandi said...

I got an email about this and didn't believe it, but since the "goddess of all" uses it, I'm in!