Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day.....Part Deux

Sorry about the late Mother's Day post. I do realize it has lost it's edge by now but I am writing about it anyway. My day started bright and early at 5:30 in the a.m. Once again, Marshall had decided to start his day at the ass crack of dawn. There is nothing like starting your day with a stout almost 3 year old kicking the hell out of your back, legs, butt, stomach, or whichever body part of mine is the closest to his rock hard calcanei! (Insert music symbol) Happy Mother's Day to me! (Insert music symbol) Played by the smallest violin in the World.
Luckily, Mike came to my rescue and whisked Marshall away for breakfast. I appreciated the effort but was already too awake to go back to sleep. The rest of my day was uneventful, in a good way. My Mother's Day present was peace, quiet and having the ability to do whatever I wanted unfettered by children. Don't get me wrong, I played with the kids and spent time with them but I also sat out in the sun for 3 hours reading a book. That was really one of the best presents I can receive. Plus, it's free!!!!!
I opened my Mother's Day cards which were hilarious. The one from the kids was an audio card with Hoops and Yoyo. Mike said he picked that one because it best illustrates me. EXTREMELY HYPER! The one from him had a rather large chicken on the front and played 'The Chicken Dance' when I opened it. I love that song AND I have no problem performing said dance in public. Much to my 8 year old's dismay!
We finished the day with a 20 minute bike ride and Mike cooked dinner for me and his mom. It was yummy I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day. It is truly the hardest job one could ever do.
p.s. If you feel you may have had a bad Mother's Day. Check out my friend Danielle's blog (Don't Touch the Cactus) and see how she started her day. I promise you, she will trump most anything which may have happened on your day!!!

No comments: