Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Just Call Me Kermit the Frog

It's not easy being green. At least that is what my favorite Muppet used to say! I officially tried on my proverbial green suit in an attempt to minimally do my part to 'save the Earth'. I RODE MY BIKE TO WORK TODAY!!! I can hardly believe it myself. I actually did more than a work ride. On the way back from work I stopped at the utility company to pay my bill in the drive thru (that was funny seeing the look on chics face!) and then I went to the hair salon and had a cut/color! I went to work and ran two errands without using an ounce of gas! My thigh and calf muscles paid a heavy price, though. I have a lot of hills in the beginning on my way to work and a lot of hills at the end of my way home. No matter how in shape you think you are.....I implore you to get on a bike and ride.....I don't know......3-5 miles on mildly hilly terrain. I assure you it is quite humbling. I get the award today for the biggest wimp ever!!
The kids are doing quite well. Marshall is up to his usual fit throwing when he does not get his way and Michael is still with my parents being center of attention. He gets to go to Nashville Shores (water park) tomorrow. He is so excited.
Sorry this entry was all about me for the most part. I promise it will not always be that way. I am an only child and grandchild on one side.....so it has to be all about me every once in a while. That is how I was raised and one cannot fight nurture!!

No comments: