Tuesday, June 10, 2008

What Is Your Carbon Footprint

I have never considered myself a tree hugger. I feel I am more of tree petter. I am not comfortable enough to fully embrace the tree but I will pet it and maybe rub it's tummy! I recycle everything to the extent of harassing coworkers for plastic bottles and picking up cardboard boxes on the docks at the hospital. I guess it just hurts my feelings to see all this go into a landfill to rot or whatever it does. I also try to keep all the lights turned off in the house when not in use.
My carbon footprint is 16.974 tons/year. I am actually below average with the national rate being 20.4 tons/year. I feel I am somewhat environmentally friendly but I have not converted to fluorescent bulbs yet. I still drive a gas guzzling Tahoe but it does switch from a V8 to a V4 on the interstate when you don't need the other cylinders. Make no mistake...I will not be buying any carbon offsets. I am not that gullible. If you would like to know what your carbon footprint is....
www.carbonfootprint.com.
If you are silly enough to buy carbon offsets, this will take you to the link that will let you do that, too!! Take care of your Earth....it is the only one you have.

No comments: