Monday, January 19, 2009

My Day Off

I have been looking forward to this day off for a while. I had huge plans for Michael and I to spend a full day together without baby brother in tow. We were going to eat breakfast at Shoney's (his choice, not mine), go shopping to find him pants that weren't too long or too short, and last but not least....we were going to the YMCA to swim.
I began to see my planned day fading when Little Bit started to show signs of a fever, runny nose and cough yesterday. Oh please Lord, I prayed selfishly, let him not be sick so Michael and I can have our day. As you can guess, God is not much into the business of answering selfish prayers. So here I sit in the kitchen blogging, watching it snow, and listening to Marshall fight sleep upstairs. Thankfully my mother in-law is coming over later to watch the babe so I can still take Michael swimming. Other than that, so much for a quiet, unfettered day off. I have been enjoying watching it snow. This cup of coffee is helping everything fall into place, too.

Oh, I took Michael to see Mall Cop yesterday afternoon. I could not believe how crowded the theater was. I guess everyone was trying to get on the matinee rate! Can't say I blame them. Even though most of you are going to find this hard to believe but it was a good movie. .The underdog prevails. We also introduced the world of Dumb and Dumber to my oldest last night. He laughed his butt off. And for all you Losties out there (I am a huge fan of Lost) the season premier is Wednesday starting at 7 on ABC. A full three hours worth. I have already reserved the big TV upstairs and asked hubby to help with the kiddos so I can watch it all. I can't wait!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I'm counting down the hours til Lost as well!