Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!!!!

Well, another year under the belt and time for resolutions. I am making two resolutions this year.
1. I am going to try to more patient with my children and spend more time doing what they want and not what I want.
2. I am going to get myself on a good work out regimen again. I used to be so dedicated to health and exercise. Since the summer, it has been half ass at best. I don't want to lose weight I just want to be more toned. Enough of that......

Not a lot of fanfare was involved with bringing in the New Year. We had a couple over that we know through Marshall (my youngest). They are the parents of Marshall's girlfriend, Callie and the dad owns the lawn service which mows our yard. We noshed on appetizers from O'Charleys and my infamous jambalaya with fried okra. My Lordy it was so good it would make you want to smack you granny!! I make mine with andouille sausage, chicken and shrimp. I wish I was eating leftovers right now. But, there were none....I guess that is a good sign. Marshall and Callie had a ball jumping on the bouncy thing, Amy and I visited and regaled each other with stories of our kids, and the guys played pool. I finished the night with one glass of champagne and I was ready for bed! I slept great but had strange dreams about old friends. Weird.
I hope everyone has a wonderful New Year and made achievable and realistic resolutions. Don't forget, if you are a southern girl, one must eat black eyed peas for good luck today!!!!

No comments: