Sunday, January 4, 2009

Wilderness At The Smokies

I am so excited. I have finally booked our family Spring Break trip. We usually spend several days in Chattanooga but this year I wanted something a little different. So I happened upon the Wilderness resort in Sevierville. Just so everyone knows, I am not a big fan of Gatlinburg or any of its subsidiaries. I think it is WAY to commercialized. This time, I am making an exception. If you have not checked out this place, you need to. http://www.wildernessatthesmokies.com/ It has a huge indoor water park surrounded by all the hotel rooms. I am not just talking about a water slide into a little pool. I am talking about a 60,000 square foot water park with a wave pool, water slides, kiddie area, a surf rider (with the continuous water moving so you can actually surf), and some other type of scary looking tube ride! I truly feel this is a vacation the whole family can enjoy and we only have to drive two hours. We will have a junior suite overlooking the mountains and the adjacent golf course. Mike is a little upset about that because he says it is just a tease to look at the course and not be able to play. Maybe I will allow one round!!! : )
I will be on a mission come the first of March to find a one piece bathing suit...yes, I still wear bikinis at my age, with 2 children. I am flaunting it as long as I have it! Digressing.....

Anyway, I plan on doing everything at this park over and over again. Mostly, the surfing thing and in order to enjoy everything.....I have to feel secure in knowing all of my garments will continue to cover me no matter how hard I hit the water, if you know what I mean! Please check out this place if you live close. I think it will be worth the money! Oh, they also have 4 restaurants on site so essentially, you never have to leave! The picture only shows the pool half but I thought everyone would like to see it.

No comments: