Sunday, October 5, 2008

We Made It

Safe and sound we arrived in Sandestin at about 2:30 p.m. just shy of 8 hours. Not too shabby considering we had 3 kids in tow. I woke everyone about 5:30 a.m. and no one slept the entire way here. Holy Crap, I just wanted my name to not be spoken from mouths of babes for at least 98 seconds. Mrs. Bregenzer this, Angela that, Mom and/or Mommy this and that....
AAARRGGGHHH.!!!!! Could everyone just pretend I am invisible?? This was topped off with Michael spilling an almost entire can of V8 juice in the truck. Now, answer me this....I have a brand new Tahoe with at least 10 cup holders...why in the hell was that can not in at least one of them??? After biting my tongue until it bled and cleaning up the mess, I carefully and patiently (as I could possibly muster) pointed out some empty cup holders that needed love!!
Needless to say, seeing the Publix on HWY 98 is like the gate to glory land. I know it is only one mile away from the resort and I swear it waves to me as I pass!! How can a grocery store possibly excite some one that much? Who cares, I just know I love to see it. Sidenote: They have the best horseradish cheddar by Boar's Head you have ever tasted. REGROUP>
I unpacked all the suitcases and separated everything into the drawers. This has to happen as soon as I get anywhere. I cannot stand the feeling of living out of a suitcase. We then changed clothes and headed to the pool. After an hour or so of swimming, Mom and I went to the grocery store (Publix, woo hoo) and stocked up the condo. We chowed on grilled hamburgers and french fries. Yummy!! Marshall has finally gone to sleep in the playpen beside me and I am exhausted. For some reason I could not sleep last night and finally dozed off at midnight, only to get up at four this morning. I feel like an old hag settling in at 8:30 but I don't care. I will be refreshed and renewed in the morning in order to hit the gym. Fitness never sleeps.

No comments: