Monday, October 20, 2008

Weekend Update

Well, it is Monday and the first day back to school after fall break. I am relieved Michael is ready to go back. Unfortunately, I think he is excited to see Natalie again as opposed to getting back to the daily grind of learning. The weekend went by fast as usual and I was not excited about getting up this morning. It was cold outside and cold in the house (I refuse to turn my heat on yet!) but not cold under the covers.
Friday night we had my in-laws and another family over for chili, hush puppies, and S'mores. It was very lively in the house and outside seeing as there were 5 kids total running around. As usual, Marshall was the youngest but did his best to jump in there with the big kids. Everything was yummy and the conversation was great. I already mentioned my new purchase on Saturday and Michael's big win on the soccer field. Yesterday was low key, also. I took Michael to get his costume for Halloween (S.W.A.T. team guy) and he was so excited. As soon as we got home, he had to put it on. Marshall is going to be Barney and so I put his on, too. We had a little pre-Halloween fashion show. Lot's of fun.
Marshall is really starting to develop such a personality. I love it when he says "Watch this, mom" and proceeds to dance around. His new thing is singing the "I Like To Move It" song from Madagascar II. Shaking his booty and singing that song is hilarious. Speaking of 'booty', that is another thing he likes to say when dancing. "I shake my booty, Mommy!" You sure do, son.

No comments: